Rev. Dr. Barbara Reynolds Media Carousel
Keynote Speaker Booking Available
Awards & Honors
United Kingdom CORETTA KING BOOK TOUR; spoke in
- Parliament in the Palace of Westminster March 14, 2018, on March 19, 2018 at the University College, London hosted by ‘The UCL Culture & Institute of America; March 20 at The University of Birmingham, Cadbury Centre for the Public Understanding of Religion.
- Honored at the Newseum in Washington DC, Feb. 4. 2017 for authorship of the Coretta Scott King memoirs in conjunction with the Black Journalists Roundtable.
- Nominated to the Board of Preachers at the Dr. Martin Luther King International College of Ministry & Laity at Morehouse College, where Dr. King earned his undergraduate degree. The award was presented in August, 2015 in “honor of a life that exemplified the life of Dr. King.”
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Convocation Speaker at the Roland Park Day School, Baltimore, Md. January 14, 2015. Topic was Two Souls with One Goal.
- Featured in Who’s Who in Black Washington in the 2010 and 2011 editions.
- Featured on Panel with Michael Duster, granddaughter of Ida B. Wells and Ann Roosevelt, granddaughter of Eleanor and former president Franklin D. Roosevelt, discussing issues affecting public housing, March 23, 2010 Chicago.
- Featured on Tony Brown’s Journal on segment entitled “A Brilliant Mind.” Aired November 5, 2006.
- Howard University, Ida B. Wells Award for Advocacy in Journalism, May, 2001 (other recipients included acclaimed actress Ms. Ruby Dee, and Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton, Member of Congress).
- Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters, The Ohio State University, August, 1996
- Honorary Doctorate of Humanities, Shenandoah University, Winchester, VA, 1995 .
- University of Missouri, (Columbia) School of Communications Award for Distinguished Service in Journalism, 1991.
- Inducted into the Columbus Ohio Public Schools Hall of Fame, Columbus, Ohio.
Keynote Industry speeches
- Keynote Address: The National Council of Negro Women. Montgomery County Section, October 30, 2010.
- Keynote Address, Lucent Technologies, Sheraton Hilton, Washington DC, Sept. 9, 1999.
- MLK Commemoration Speech, city of Knoxville TN, January 17, 1999
- Sister for Sister Conference, “Positive Change, Positive Growth,” September 20, 1998, Richmond, VA.
- Closing banquet speaker, The Evan Donaldson Adoption
Institute, Conference on Ethics, Anaheim, Calif. November 5, 1999
- Keynote luncheon speaker Women in Communications, “Media Gender and Racial Apartheid,” Capital Hilton, Washington DC, June 15, 1990.
- Speaker, Virginia Education Association’s Human Dignity
Conference, “Celebrating Diversity: Many Voices, Many Dreams,” March 8, 1987
- Guest speaker celebrating Black History Month at Greater Mt Calvary Holy Church for the Male Chorus on The Power of The Song, February 24, 2018.
- Presentation at the DC City Church February 11, 2018 .
- Video- taped greeting in Parliament (United Kingdom), October 20, 2017 on Coretta Scott King
- Addressed the Duquesne Law Center in Pittsburgh on the topic “Morality Under Siege,” November 19, 2017.
- Keynote speaker at St. George’s Episcopal Church in Washington DC on the subject of Stewardship and Reaping the Benefits of God’s Many Blessings, November 5, 2006.
- Convenor and keynote speaker at The Senior Citizens Conference in Springfield, Mass, sponsored by St. John’s Congregational Church, October 27, 2006.
- Subject: Standing in the Midst of the Struggle. May 23, 2006
- Convener of Seminar: Drugs, Sex & HIV/AIDS with former Surgeon General Dr. Jocelyn Elders as guest speaker and persons living with HIV/AIDS, members of congress, federal, state and local officials as panelists; September 23, 2004
- King Day Speech: “Arise and Go On,” Rockville Full Life Fellowship Hall, Rockville MD, January 17, 2004
- 37th Annual NAACP Freedom Fund Dinner Keynote Speaker, Wilmington, DE, “Speaking Truth To Power,” Oct. 28, 2001
- Black History Address, City of Newark, NJ, Manpower Training Center, Feb. 29, 1999
- Keynote Address Sister for Sister Conference, “Positive Change, Positive Growth,” Richmond, Va., Sept, 20, 1998.
- Keynote Address for Business and Professional Women/USA . Capital Hilton Hotel, Washington, DC, Jan. 31, 1997
- Keynote Address for the Hartford Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta, March, 1997
- Keynote Address, The National Links, Rochester, NY, May 10, 1997
- Keynote Address at the National Conference “It Takes an Entire Village to Raise a Child,” Hyatt Regency and Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, Ohio, June 14, 1995
- The First Annual CEO Conference on Ethics and Excellence, The Nassau Marriott Resort, Nassau, Bahamas, June 25, 1995
- Keynote Address Moore Street Baptist Church Annual Women’s Day Observance, Richmond, VA. Dec. 4, 1994
- Keynote Address, Black El Paso Democrats, 8th Annual Political Awareness Banquet, Westin Paso Del Norte Hotel, Feb. 15, 199.
- Keynote Address at the Afro-American Historical and Cultural Museum, “The Disappearance of Black Doctors,” Philadelphia, PA, Feb. 2, 1989 .